1. How did Jesus spend his time? Acts 10:38
2. What were some of the ways in which he did good? Matthew 4:23
3. What was the subject of Jesus' preaching in Galilee? Mark 1:14-15
4. What was the astonishing difference between the way he taught and the way the scribes taught? Mark 1:21-22
5. What did the man with the unclean spirit say to Jesus? Mark 1:23-24
6. What happened then? Mark 1:25-26
7. What effect did this miracle have on the people? Mark 1:27-28
8. What did Jesus do for Simon's mother-in-law? Mark 1:29-31
9. What happened at sunset? Mark 1:32-34
10. In the morning, what did Jesus do? Mark 1:35
11. What did Simon and the rest do? Mark 1:36-37
12. What was the reply of Jesus to those who sought him? Mark 1:38
In Your Own Words
13. What was the great work of Jesus on earth?
14. How did Jesus show people the way of life?
15. Where does that real life, to which Jesus showed the way, begin and end?
1. Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
2. a. taught in the synagogues
b. proclaimed the good news of the kingdom
c. healed every disease and sickness among the people
3. the Good News
4. Jesus taught with authority.
5. “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”
6. “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.
7. a. The people were amazed at his new teaching and authority.
b. They were amazed the impure spirits obeyed him.
c. News about Jesus spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.
8. Jesus healed her of a fever instantly.
9. a. People brought all the sick and demon-posessed to Jesus.
b. The whole town gathered at the door.
c. Jesus healed the sick and drove out demons.
10. Got up very early, went to a solitary place, and prayed.
11. They looked for him, found him, and told him that everyone was looking for him.
12. Jesus wanted to go to nearby villages and preach because that is why He came.
13. The great work of Jesus on earth was to do good and preach the glad news of salvation.
14-15. By his words he teaches people, and by his deeds he shows them the way of that real life which begins on earth and has no end.
Game board - print on card stock and laminate
Markers, such as bingo-type in two different colors
How to Play (2 players with 1 caller)
The object of the game is to get 4 markers in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Players have two goals: to get 4 in a row and to prevent the opponent from getting 4 in a row.
Each player has a different color of markers.
1. The caller asks player number one a question from the Bible study above. If the player gives the correct answer, he or she places a marker anywhere on the game board.
2. The same happens with player number two.
3. If a wrong answer is given, the player loses the turn.
4. Play continues until one player has four in a row.
Click on the game board for full size image. Then "righ click" and "save image as" to download and print.
A Guide to Bible Study by Harry E. Richards, Copyright 1914, Public Domain
Images on post and game board by PicMonkey
(My affiliate link)